|PicScripter for the Macintosh - OS X
||February 5, 2010
|PicScripter for Windows
||February 5, 2010
Click here to see an example of the page generated by PicScripter
PicScripter is an application that will assist you in generating web pages that display pictures.
- Bookmark— Enter the phrase to appear in the bookmarks folder should anyone bookmark the page.
- Page Header— Enter the heading you would like to appear at the top of the web page.
- Thumb cols.— The thumbnail pictures are displayed vertically. Enter the number of
rows you would like to use for thumbnails. The default is one.
- Thumb width— The default width for the generated thumbnails is 80. You can set the width
to anything you like.
- Copyright— Enter the name of the copyright holder of the pictures to be displayed. PicScripter
will display the copyright under the last row of thumbnails as so: Photos © copyright name entered.
- Advanced Features Fields— These fields are available for webmasters that need to
will be used on the page.
- Caption name— The CSS id for the paragraph containing the caption. This will be
- Photo path— Ordinarily, the web page is placed in the same folder as the pictures.
If you want the pictures located in a different folder from the web page, use the Photo Path
to designate where the web page should look for the pictures.
- Picture name— The CSS id for the IMG tag containing the picture. This will be
- Set Width— If you are using pictures of different size, you may want to use
the size html pararmeter in the IMG tag. Use the Set Width checkbox to enable that.
- Set Height— Same as for Set Width.
- Load Picture Folder— Press this button to bring up the Select Folder dialog box to allow you to select
the folder containing the pictures to be displayed.
- Rotate Clockwise/Counter-Clockwise— Pressing these buttons will cause the selected picture to be rotating 90°.
- Clear— Use this button to clear the window. All pictures in the list will be removed
and all fields blanked.
- Make Page Only— This checkbox will tell PicScripter to create the web page only without scaling the pictures. You will be presented with a
save file dialog bog to select where you would like the web page saved.
- Build Web Page— Pressing
this will cause the pictures to be scaled and the web page generated into the folder of the scaled
pictures. You will be presented with a dialog box where you can select a folder to use or create a new folder
to contain the scaled photos and web page. It is recommended that you use a previously created empty
folder or create a new folder in the dialog box.
How to use
- Start PicScripter.
- Use the Load Picture button to select a folder of pictures from your hard drive that will
be listed in the window.
- All pictures are automatically selected for display. Deselect pictures as necessary.
Use the Options menu to deselect all pictures.
- Pictures can be reordered in the display by dragging the picture name up or down in the list.
- Captions for the pictures can be added by clicking on the space to the right of
the picture file name.
- You may determine the number of thumbnail columns by entering a number in the Thumb Cols. field. The
default is one column.
- Add a title to your web page by entering it in the Bookmark field.
- Add a heading to your web page by entering it in the Page Header field.
- Click on the Page Color box to select a background color for your web page.
- The Rotate Clockwise button will rotate the selected picture 90 degrees. This has no effect
on the original picture, but only the stored pictured. If you use the Save Scaled Pictures
button or the Save Pics and Page button, then
any rotations will be saved in those pictures.
what these fields will do. If not, don't worry about it! :-)
- Pressing the Save Pics and Page button will scale the pictures and generate a page
into whatever folder you select.
- Open the folder containing the generated page and open the index.html file with any
web browser to view your work.
- Use the Clear button to erase the window and start on a new web page.
- New user interface for simplicity and ease of use.
- Many small bugs fixed.
- Tabbing in captions is allowed. Previously, hitting tab would erase the entire caption.
- Default selection of pictures cannot be one that is not checked for inclusion.
- Captions get included in img alt tags. This allows search engines to pick up the information.
- Added field to enter copyright holder.
- Added abiltity to scale and generate page with one button.
- Added checkboxes to picture list to allow selecting and deselecting of pictures.
- Removed RGB sliders and replaced with Page Color placard that interfaces directly with OS
- Added functionality to scale pictures.
- Added functionality to rotate pictures.
- Removed the display of HTML and the need to generate - then save.
- Added some formatting CSS to generated web page.
- Added field to include title for web page.
- Attempt to support Linux build.
- Fixed reordering of pictures.
- Added button to clear window for new picture folder.
PLEASE! Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems you might have.